United Houma Nation Tribal Council currently has a vacancy for District 9 & District 10 seats. That district seats encompasses the following area:
District 9: Metairie (70001-70006), Kenner (70062-70065), Harahan (70123), Jefferson
(70121) and Waggaman/Westwego/Bridge City/Avondale (70094-96)
District 10 Lafourche/Jefferson Parishes-Grand Isle (70358), Leeville/Golden Meadow (70357), Galliano (70354), and the area of Cut Off (70345) south of the South Lafourche Bridge as divided by East 90th Street along Hwy. 308 and Tarpon Pass between LA 1 and Hwy 3235
To qualify in accordance with the UHN Constitution, Article V!, Section 1(c), potential candidates shall meet the following qualifications:
1) be a registered tribal voter; and
2) be at least 25 years of age, and
3) be a high school graduate or have the equivalent of a high school diploma; and
4) reside in the voting district in which the person seeks office for 2 or more consecutive years immediately preceding the election; and
5) be free of any felony conviction; and
6) not hold a tribal office, unless the person is seeking election or reappointment to that office.
Any interested party interested in seeking candidacy or appointment to this positions, should send the Election Qualifying Packet (Click HERE to Download) to the below address. Original packets only will be accepted - DO NOT scan, email or fax the form and the supporting documents. Should there be more than one potential qualified applicant seeking the seat, the Election Board will announce a formal election; otherwise, the Tribal Council may choose to appoint someone to fill the remaining 2 year term of office.
United Houma Nation
20986 Hwy. 1
Golden Meadow, LA 70357