For the last 20 years, the United Houma Nation has taken time during the holiday season to say thank you and recognize tribal citizens and our supporters for their hard work and dedication to advancing the UHN and its people. As usual the awards ceremony will be taking place at the Annual Banquet scheduled for Saturday, December 16th at the Grand Caillou Recreation Center.
Currently the UHN is accepting nominations for the 2017 annual awards. Annually awards are given in the below categories. Help us catch people doing good and recognize them for their efforts!
- Pioneer Award for lifetime service
- Leadership Award for demonstrating outstanding leadership and commitment to the Tribe and our people
- Education Award for promoting and working tirelessly in the promotion of educational outcomes for our tribal youth and/or the promotion of tribal education within the community
- Advocate Award for an individual, organization or partner that has advocated for the rights of the Tribe and our people
- Cultural Preservation Award for outstanding work in the area of cultural preservation
To nominate for any of these awards, download the 2017 UHN Awards Nomination Form and return to Bette Billiot by end of business day Monday, December 4, 2017. Nominations will be accepted by mail (must be received by the deadline), fax, email or hand carried. Below is the information needed to submit nominations through each of these options.
Mail and Hand Carried: United Houma Nation - ATTN: Bette Billiot (991 Grand Caillou Road, Bldg #2, Houma, LA 70363)